Why do we get sore necks?
There are numerous reasons but these are a few of them, which you may recognise.
1. Poor posture at the computer or sitting.
2. Settee sitting - side on, propped up on pillows and twisting to watch TV!
3. Bad pillow
4. Repetitive tasks like painting a ceiling or pruning in the garden.
5. An accident - car, ladder, carrying something too heavy
6. Stress compressess the rib cage
7. Shallow breathing into the upper chest instead of deep breathing.
8. Shoulders up and forward or forward neck
9. Thoracic kyphosis
10. Compressed sacrum can cause compression in the neck
And the list goes on!
What can I do with massage?
Plus posture awareness if that is the issue. 9 times of 10 it is the issue!
Pain killers like non steroidal anti inflammatories are useful when you first injure your neck but only for a few days plus a cold pack if it is an acute condition. If it is a chronic condition use a hot pack. Avoid any movements that cause pain but avoid complete rest.
back to results
In this edition I talk about treating osteoarthritis with massage and herbs. A very prevalent disease from 50 years onwards. The second topic is dementia/ Alzheimer's prevention. Treating modifiable factors such as high blood pressure or insomnia as examples and herbs and supplements to help you if you have mild cognitive decline or the beginning of Alzheimer's. Also, re Xmas the clinic will be closed on the public holidays of Sat 25 Dec to Tuesday 28 Dec and reopen on Wed 29 Dec. Over the New Year period I will be closed on Sat 1 Jan to Monday 3 Jan and reopen on Tues 4 Jan.more newsletters